Friday, March 9, 2012

Reading List: Spring 2012

I have promised myself I would spend Spring break efficiently, productively and memorably. I have so many plans, that to fulfill them all I would have to read about a novel or two a day. Yes, my plans mostly revolve around reading, and also writing. Call it wishful thinking.

I would also love to do a little exploring now that the weather is getting warmer. Today I spotted a few green saplings on trees. (I did see them about a month ago as well, but those were killed by the return of the snow.) Unfortunately I do not own a camera. Thinking of which I should probably add some Winter landscape photos I managed to shoot about a month ago.

Like a boss, today I added another few credits to my already tight schedule, bringing the whole to a staggering- Mother of God- 18! Yes, I am insane like that. In an ideal universe I would spend the next few days catching up with schoolwork. But we know that is not the case, the universe may be metaphysically deterministic but it is inherently chaotic in nature- blah! So yeah.

Just to make my expectations seem a little realistic and to turn me off the desire to 9gag from morning till night, I thought I would make a list of books that I hope to read (sans ugly textbooks). If I actually manage to digest them all, you can expect reviews.

Here goes nothing, in no particular order:

Fiction:

  • Cather in the Rye- J D Salinger
  • Gamperaliya- M. Wickramasinghe
  • Yuganthaya- M. Wickramasinghe
  • Catch 22- Joseph Heller
  • Tropic of Capricorn- Miller
  • Memoirs of a Geisha- Arthur Golden
Non-fiction
  • White Power, White Pride- Dobratz
  • Tangled Routes: Women, Work and Globalization on the Tomato Trail
  • The Blind Watchmaker- Dawkins
  • I also want to get my paws on some Brian Greene... Insha'Allah!
I also have a Collected Poems of Emily Dickinson!

If I actually manage to finish all these AND a decent amount of writing, should the world end in December I will die happy.

Oh, I almost forgot- I also plan on treating myself to some proper homemade food and an overdose of fabulous music, which, if I remember right, I promised to share on my blog. The music I mean, not food. I don't share food.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add your thoughts...