Saturday, November 27, 2010

Wires, Screws and Power Chains- Say CHEESE!

wikipedia.org
"Look at the wall, keep your head straight and smile", says my orthodontist as he tries to measure my teeth with a metal ruler and I try not to LOL. Well, for those of you who are not familiar with this rather obscure profession, he is a dentist who has been specially trained to straighten and correct, hence the prefix ortho-, teeth. Wires, screws, power chains and cement are his tools of trade. He will twist your smile, pulling you teeth this way and that, for a period no less than a year or two. All with good intentions- he has been trained to turn werewolves and vampires, bunnies and bull dogs into beautiful Cinderellas and Prince Charmings.
I think I fall under the bunny category- my front teeth, my incisors, are prominent. I also have some major misalignments.
I must say this doc was a pleasing gentleman. Or was he just a good marketeer? He asked me what changes I want and how these little wires might possibly entangle with my life. I told him I like my bunny teeth and he gave me an astonished look. Either he found my idea very queer or he just did not know what bunny teeth are. I am sure his orthodontics textbooks contain nothing about bunny teeth.
Well, tonight I'm trying to make a big decision. Should I make this sacrifice for vanity?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add your thoughts...