Monday, October 10, 2011

Piling Memories into Boxes

It seems, life is just more beautiful when you have a deadline. I say so not because I have been working at a newspaper office for the last two months, but because it has suddenly dawned upon me that I only have two more months to stay on this island that I have called home for more than a decade.
It seems, when you can hear the clock ticking away, your inner self goes into a desperate frenzy, trying to absorb every passing second and wrench the most out of it, a last attempt to taste, to feel, to remember.
And as the days roll by, at an alarming speed, every sunset and every sunrise seems to grow in beauty. Each day  becomes shorter, yet fuller and richer in color.

I might be getting my blogs mixed up here, but let me say, if we knew just how many more years, months, weeks, days, hours, minutes, seconds we had to live, life would be so much more vibrant. If we only realized that our ephemeral lives last only for such a little time, a fraction of a century, we would live fuller, richer, crazier lives.

If I was to make any new year's resolutions for 2012, then REMEMBERING LIFE COULD END TOMORROW would be my #1.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add your thoughts...