Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Interesting Dinners and other such things

There are days in life when you just throw your hands in the air and say "fuck this shit." Today was one of those days. It's only the second day of the semester, and I'm already losing it. I must get my shit together. For real.

One thing I've decided to do in a feeble attempt to make my life interesting is try to cook something interesting at least once a week. I use the word "interesting" here, because that's what my dinner today was. Interesting. I baked mushrooms, onions and tilapia drizzled (bathed) with olive oil and spices. It was more or less a typical White man's dinner, except of course I had it with basmati rice. It wasn't particularly delicious, but it was warm and fresh, and that alone was enough to satisfy me. Downed it with some Chinese green tea. (I've been drinking nothing but tea these last 48 hours because I can't open the juice bottle I bought the other day. Now I know why my mother says I need to find a nice man and settle down.)

This is where I stop typing and ask myself the purpose of what I am doing right now. Is this endless whining really the only contribution I am capable of making to the World Wide Web? Sigh...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add your thoughts...