Monday, January 7, 2013

New Things in 2013

Keeping up with the positive vibes of my previous post, let me say a few gay words about the new year, 2013.

We're officially one week into it. Like how the fuck did that happen?

I'm aging, and wherever it is that I am going, I am going there fast.

With the beginning of a new year, there's always that excitement about new year's resolutions. I honestly thought I wouldn't even bother thinking up any this year. (Only when I started typing this did I remember those from a year ago. No! Two years ago? Yeah, that's right. Even I don't read my own blog. If you're interested in going back and having a sadistic laugh at the naive 20-year-old me, here's a link. I feel sorry for myself already.)

But well, this year, I'm going to scrape all the nonsense and keep things simple, for real.

NEW YEAR'S RESOLUTION 2013:

Push my body to its optimum human potential.
May be this is like the last wish of a woman who has come to the realization that she is slowly heading to the grave, with every passing day. Whichever it is, I feel it's a good enough fight to take on. 

Here are the things that are on my list:

Things to try out:

  1. Consuming better.
  2. Sleeping better.
  3. Swimming.
  4. Yoga.
  5. Hapkido.
  6. Cycling.
  7. Hitting the gym, regularly.
  8. Dancing.
  9. Rock climbing and mountaineering.
  10. Meditation.
Yes, it's an extensive list. And I don't know how much of it I will achieve, but I will give it my bestest shot.

In other news, procrastination is such a bitch. I'm thinking of asking for professional advice to help overcome it. I'm just too old for this shit. Another thing that needs taking care of in 2013.

Of all the things I anticipate this year will bring, what scares me the most that I have no idea, absolutely no idea, of where I will be in a year's time. Come 2014, I don't know to which corner of the world fate will take me. I have become so terribly attached to Iowa, and even after these few weeks in California I already feel like I'm becoming fond of the Pacific, the mountains and the queer people who live in the valley in between. And I still miss chaotic Colombo ofttimes. My only hope is that wherever I find myself next will be as exciting and memorable as all my other crazy transitions. I guess that is just the way it is with us humans- wherever we may roam, where we lay our heads is home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add your thoughts...